Medsin Training aims to equip you with skills in leadership, management and presenting. Training in these transferable life skills will not only help individuals in the present run their branches or activities more effectively and confidently, but also build people up for a future involved in working within the NHS or global health organisations. Training sessions are offered by accredited Medsin Trainers at national events and conferences, as well as locally by arrangement for branches and activities.
Training offered by Medsin
We are about to start running our regional training days, to give branches some grass roots training and equip them for the coming year. Sessions at these training days will include:
- Facilitation and conflict resolution,
- Branch sustainability,
- Social media,
- Demystifying medsin events,
- If you are interested in attending a training day in your region, keep an eye out for adverts in the newsletter, events on our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/MedsinTraining?ref=hl) or send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer a wide range of training sessions which can be booked and delivered on demand:
For an individual
For Medsin Branches
Communication and Presenting
Facilitation and chairing meetings
Global health advocacy
Lobbying (e.g. the medical school/government)
Finances and Budgeting
Marketing and Publicity
Monitoring and Evaluation
Sustainability and Handover
Team Building and motivation
Social media development
How can I get involved?
1. Get in touch with Medsin’s Training Director
· Please fill in this form to help Medsin best help you!
· Email Training Director on email@example.com
2. Attend a Medsin Training session
· See the events calendar for upcoming sessions
3. Attend a Training New Trainers course
Training New Trainers (TNT) is a fun 3 day jam-packed course. It aims to give you new ways of looking at teamwork and approaching challenges as well as increasing your leadership skills. Attending a TNT provides you with the skills and capacity to train others, as well as an internationally recognised qualification.
4. Train others! As the saying goes, “See one, Do one, Teach one”!
· Email Medsin to add your name to the trainers database
· Apply to become a Regional Training Co-ordinator - email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Take a look at our Training Resources
· Take a look at the Training Events Calendar
· Run a training session at your local Medsin branch
· Attend or even run a workshop at Medsin’s GHC